This is powerful.
It can become a pull system for self learning that is created on a open platform. What it needs is mechanisms that tie into the APIs of teaching platforms like EduFire, TeachStreet, SuperCoolSchool, Cramster etc so that suitable rockstar teachers can be alerted and their profile information can be pulled into a dashboard for the learner. Learner will of course need tools to help them manage these in-coming as well as their personal information.
If I am a startup in the learning space, I would build the necessary parts to complete the VRM process and launch it as quickly as I can.
- Twiiter as social VRM: a big idea (ac-idealog.blogspot.com)
- Future of PR: When Agencies Represent Communities - Not Brands (web-strategist.com)
- On realtime, search, tagging and structuring the cacophony (unstructuredventures.com)
- The Future of Twitter: Social VRM (broadstuff.com)
- Startup Idea #112: Organising the world's online educational materials (ac-idealog.blogspot.com)