Specifically, this is what was asked:
"(what is) the easiest way to start earning some income with adsense in the quickest time possible and therefore I would like to choose keywords that will rank almost immediately in the search engines? To do this, should I write articles on Web 2.0 platforms such as Hubpages and Infobarrel to earn an income with adsense (and possibly affiliate products) so they get ranked quicker and higher OR should I create subdomains or subdirectories on a generic domain that I already own OR should I start a brand new site and purchase .info domains? "
There are actually a couple of questions mixed in the above statements. Let me separate them out so that you can see the more targeted answers to each:
- How to choose low competition keywords that can ranked immediately or within a short time frame?
- What is the best platform to do do this?
What is the best web 2.0 sites to make moneyRiding on the authority of existing sites is the best way to rank quickly for low competition keywords. As long as the platform has authority, it doesn't matter if they are yours or they are public article directories suchas hubpages or infobarrels.
My preference is in the following order:
- Your own authority site: You have 100% share of the revenue as well as control over how the ads are displayed. However, do make sure you really have an authority site with age and value passing backlinks. If all you have is a generic domain that has little content or age or backlinks, I suggest you skip to the next option.
- Write articles on web 2.0 properties: Bear in mind that these
properties do come and go in terms of authority. Now, the best web 2.0
is squidoo. During my amazon keyword search phase, I came across so many
squidoo lenses that ranked well for 3-4 word keyword phases. They used
to have some form of penalty but that seem to be lifted now. So,
squidoo is my preferred choice in terms of using web 2.0 properties to
make money, followed by infobarrel and a new platform called Wizzley.
- Brand new site and sub domain: A sub domain is treated the same
way as a new site so no difference to the two in terms of authority
being passed. I will not choose this option if I want to make money fast.
How to make money fast with low competition keywordsThis is going to be the juicy bits about how to select long tail and low competition keywords to make money fast. If you are a beginner, you might want to make some notes here as I go along.
Ride on the keyword authority that the platform already has: An existing platform will have existing rankings for certain keywords. Your job is to find out what keywords is, say infobarrel, ranking for and create related keyword sets around them. This way, you are hijacking the authority of the platform and passing them to your keywords.
Here is how you can mine the keywords of existing paltform:
- If it is your own site, use google analytics. Go to traffic>keywords and sorted them according to the number of visits. This will give you a nice set of keywords as the base to develop more related keyword sets.
- If it is a web 2.0 site, use SEM rush. Just go to Semrush.com and key in the url of the web 2.0 site that you want to write articles on. This is what you will see.
Click to enlarge
- The Free version only allows you to see 10
keywords but you can use this coupon "89MW-YR43-HFNJ-K94M" to get a free
trial for 2 weeks. Download all the keywords in an excel sheet during
the free trial period so that you don't have to spend money to continue
the subscription. I don't know this coupon code still works as I used it during the Nov period.
- If the promo code does not work, you can still use another service called alexa.com. Again, go to the site and key in the url of whatever web 2.0 property that you want to write on. Click on the 'get details' button and once you are on the new screen, click on the 'search analytics' tab. This is what you will see.
Click to enlarge
Attack multiple lower volume keywords in one article: Don't expect to rank for any specific high traffic keywords. What we want to do is to group a bunch of related long tail keywords in one article. You should include as many long tails as you can in the article as long as they answer the same search query.
For example, if you are writing an article on how to win a free air ticket to japan, there will be lots of related words such as winning free air ticket to japan, free air ticket to toyko, i want free air ticket to japan etc. All these are long tail related keywords that will come naturally if you focus on a (i) uncompetitive article title and (ii) hijacking the authority of the platform as mention above.
A even better group of keywords are what I called desperate niches They are the people whose lives will be affected if they don't find a solution soon. People who are will sick, people who need money now, people who are unemployed, people who house have been foreclosed, people who have lost their beloved ones etc. These are examples where people are desperate for solutions and they will click ads with abandon if you can attract them.
Link your articles together: Finally, do write a couple of articles together in the same niche and link them up. This will help a bit in helping them to get long tails. The linking can be in a straight arrow format like this:
Article A > Article B > Article C > Article D
Article D will hopefully get the most juice and draw in the most traffic.
If you do the above right, you should make adsense money fast. There is no need for backlinks if you pick the right keywords that have low competition and are riding on the platform's authority for certain keywords. If you don't know what is low competition keywords and how to find low competition keyword,click on those articles to read them first.
Hope this article helps you to make money fast with adsense.